CMA - Day Shift (Part-Time)
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society
Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services, Nurse
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
CMA - Day Shift (Part-Time)
Location: 6100 - GSS Fargo
4502 37th Ave South
Fargo, North Dakota, 58106-7158
Employment Type: Part-Time
Who we are:
Good Samaritan Society has been providing quality care and services to Fargo since 2007 and the surrounding area since 1922. To help meet the growing demand for long-term care, we provide assisted living and basic care. Since 2010 our Good Samaritan Society-Fargo location has received Resident, Family & Staffing Survey Awards.
The city of Fargo provides an adventurous pioneering spirit with an array of attractions, activities and cultural influences beyond what is characteristic for a city its size. Street Fair, Art in the Park, Museums, Horse Park, City Parks, Miniature Golf, Galleries, Winery, Colleges, Fitness Centers, Theaters, Fargo Dome, Musical Entertainment, Red River Zoo, and many more. We appreciate our team; the skills they bring, the care& services they provide, and the commitment they extend.
The role of a Senior Living Certified Medication Aide is demanding, but it's likely one of the most rewarding jobs you'll ever have. As a caregiver at the Good Samaritan Society, you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and advance your career in a collaborative healthcare setting with a faith-based mission.
Your contribution to the team:
- Provide resident care and services such as healthcare services, activities of daily living assistance and other duties, as assigned, in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards and procedures.
- Keep a watchful eye over resident health, and help as needed with transferring, repositioning and walking using correct and appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Provides assistance with wellness or recreational programs and encouraging residents to participate. Adheres to OSHA and CDC guidelines to minimize infections by following aseptic cleaning techniques, including those that apply to blood borne pathogens.
- Provides assistance with resident self- administration, documentation and storage of medications, all with proper training.
- Help residents to meals and promote a positive dining experience. Assist residents in housekeeping and laundry as needed.
**This position is part-time working between the hours of 6:55am - 3:00pm. It does require you to work every other weekend and every other holiday.
What's in it for you: You will work in a faith-based organization with daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate). And you'll be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team. Just ask our employees - it's what they love most about their role at the Society. That, and our opportunities for advancement. We offer:
- Competitive wage
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate)
- Years of service recognition program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Profile by Sanford - Weight Loss Program
- Verizon and AT&T Discounts
- Hotel Discounts
You're a good fit if:
- You bring a smile to work every day
- Have a good work ethic and, are a team player
- Have a compassionate nature
- Completion and certification in an accredited nursing assistant training program
- State approved medication aide course as required by state
- This may require a high school diploma or a GED - refer to state regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Drive accountability
What you'll do: You'll help with the daily care needs of senior residents. A typical day can include helping residents to meals and faith services, checking blood pressure and other vitals, or assisting with activities of daily living such as dressing and showering. Some residents just want a listening ear, and you'll be that, too.
You're qualified for this position if: You meet all qualifications outlined below.
Maintains required medication aide registry/ certification / qualifications and associated standards. Prior work experience may not be required to be hired into this job. A high school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job. A high school diploma or GED is required for administration of medication in some states- refer to state regulations.
Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
Must be able to speak read and write in English and be able to articulate clearly and audibly.
Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Are you up to the challenge?
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.