Director of Catering & Events - Hilton at Short Hills
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Short Hills, NJ
A Director of Catering and Events with Hilton Short Hills is responsible for directing and administering catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Hilton Short Hills is a AAA Four Diamond-rated hotel located steps from the upscale Mall at Short Hills in New Jersey, offering a prime location, whether you're traveling for fun or business. Lay back in any of our spacious guest rooms or suites and enjoy an array of amenities, including an on-site spa and fitness center, swimming pools, tennis courts, vibrant dining venues and fantastic meeting and banquet facilities. We have all you need for a relaxing stay in Short Hills, NJ.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Catering, you would be responsible for directing and administering catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, soliciting new accounts, negotiating contracts, merchandising and marketing, planning, event execution, cost control implementation, systems management, budget and forecasting, department management, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Develop market segments, solicit new customers, negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with current customers
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate with and provide direction and supervision to team members to execute catering events
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.