Food Service Manager - Residential - San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
Hospitality - Hotel, Management, Restaurant - Food Service
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Higher Education is seeking candidates for a Food Service Manager of Residential Dining at Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. This is a Management position, responsible for developing and executing dining solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Oversees and manages dining operations where customers order prepared food from a menu.
- Leadership: Leverage Aramark's coaching model to engage and develop team members to their fullest potential. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure individual and team performance meets objectives and client expectations. Plan and lead daily team briefings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship: Maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard service model.
- Financial Performance: Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements. Deliver client and company financial targets. Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity: Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Comply with the Operational Excellence fundamentals by meeting and maintaining food and labor initiatives. Ensure entire team is trained and able to execute. Supervise team regarding production, quality and control.
- Compliance: Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, and wage and hour.
- Manage the front of the house of the dining operation (Cafeteria/ Residential Dining Facility) in conjunction with the Food Service Director.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates food service activities in order to deliver a finished product to the customer.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments to a unified food service experience for all customers.
- Requires at least 1 year of experience and prior experience in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Front of the House Food Service Management.
- Marketing, merchandising and cash handling experience required.
- Strong knowledge of P&L financials required.
- Strong computer skills are essential in this role.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Ð Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.