3800 West I 44 Service Road
Oklahoma City, OK
Hospitality - Hotel, Sales
4 Year Degree
- College degree preferred or at least 5 years of similar work experience.
- Prior management experience in an extended hotel is preferred.
- Good managerial, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Good people/interpersonal skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information in to a computer system across different platforms.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping.
Plans, directs, or coordinates all aspects of the hotel property including staffing, operations and customer satisfaction. Oversees property maintenance and appearance. Monitors all operating costs, budgets and forecasts.
Familiar with a variety of hospitality concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads the work of others.
- Recruits, hires and trains quality staff.
- Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Submits all personnel paperwork, including drug test results and I-9s, in a timely manner.
- Approves time and attendance records, ensuring employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
- Reviews and approves property payroll daily. Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Conducts performance reviews for team members and follows progressive disciplinary process to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages the hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
- Develops, administers and reviews property revenue and expense budgets each day.
- Authorizes direct bill accounts and monitors the administration of Accounts Receivable. Maintains AWR to target by controlling discounts and ensures guest payments are made on time.
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, business partners, clients, etc. Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests' needs.
- Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces and storage areas daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
- Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards and ensures all team members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews daily front office procedures and assures proper transmission of all necessary information to our Hotels corporate office.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel's operations, ensuring hotel is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
- Establishes and implements company policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with RDO, peers and staff members as necessary.
- Conducts essential sales activity including: inside sales, competitive set lot drives and sales calls. Sends local, regional and national leads to RDO and RDFS.
Essential functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Action Oriented Ð Demonstrates a commitment to effective job performance by taking action on one's own and following through to get the job done. Effectively manages multiple priorities with a results-oriented sense of urgency.
Business Acumen Ð Has a solid understanding of the hotel industry and keeps abreast of best practices and trends. Understand the mission, structure and functions of the organization and the potential impact of own performance on the success of the business.
Conflict Management Ð Successfully mediates conflict between individuals and groups; can negotiate consensus and agreement and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and obtain cooperation of parties involved.
Decision Making Ð Generating, evaluating and implementing solutions to problems. Able to balance the “ideal world" with the “real world" and make sound decisions considering the best interest of the organization.
Interpersonal Skills Ð Displays the skills to work effectively with others.
Professionalism Ð Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.