Hotel Meetings and Events Manager
ARCHER Florham Park
130 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ
Hospitality - Hotel
Our best candidate will bring:
· Minimum two years hotel sales experience required.
· Catering, Meeting and/or Event experience preferred.
· Forbes experience is a plus.
· Four year college degree preferred.
· Extended stay hotel experience a plus.
· Fluent in English Ð excellent written and verbal communication.
· Proficient in computer skills including Power point.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows & training (limited basis).
· Must have a valid driver's license Ð state appropriate
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.
ARCHER Florham Park is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and Development Company based in Wichita, Kansas with 900+ employees nationwide. Our dynamic multi-brand strategy includes our own ARCHER Hotel and other great brands including Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work, it defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization Ð the foundation upon which everything is built.
The ARCHER Hotel in Florham Park, New Jersey is seeking an outgoing hospitality professional to fill the critical role of Meeting & Events Manager. We are looking for an individual that is very organized, has excellent time management skills and can work well on a team as well as independently. The Hotel Meeting & Events Manager must be willing to work evenings & weekends as business conditions require. This position is essential to the everyday operation. We need someone with lots of energy who can handle a fast paced, luxe, and demanding environment.
Learn more about us here:
Hotel Meeting and Events Manager Key responsibilities will be:
· Responsible for liaising and executing an event from enquiry to the actual day of the event and post-event servicing. You will remain as the main point of contact with the client and will provide sound planning and discuss all arrangements according to hotel policies.
· Maintaining good relationships with existing clients.
· Manage Meeting and Catering supplies inventory and processes.
· Sales support to DOS and Sales Manager and coordination on all groups, including group blocks, rooming list and billing.
· Sales coordination in assisting DOS in various reports and office management responsibilities.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.