Talent Development Coordinator
Newport News, VA
- Two years of professional experience is required, event planning or equivalent experience is preferred.
- High organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of customer service.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and take initiative.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Moderate knowledge of Excel preferred.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson is currently seeking a Talent Development Coordinator to work out of our corporate offices in Newport News, VA. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to Talent and Training Delivery. This position sits with the HR Operational Excellence team and offers excellent growth and career opportunities.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct logistics concerned with Talent and Training Delivery which may include, but is not limited to, managing associate travel to and from training programs, coordinating logistics such as transportation, hotel accommodations, and meals, communicating effectively with all levels of management (verbally and in writing), creating project plans, preparing and shipping materials, and building relationships and working cohesively with associates nationwide and across HQ departments.
- Schedule, direct, and manage daily functions of the Corporate Training Center, which may include, but is not limited to, adhering to Training Center standards, timely and effective management of reservation calendars, overseeing all events within the space, and ensuring space is adequately kept up for event needs.
- Operate in Workday Learning, and other various systems, which may include, but is not limited to, building course sessions for enrollment, managing Learning records, running reports, managing surveys, and responding to general inquiries regarding learning and travel.
- Must take initiative, work proactively, and maintain high organization and attention to detail to accurately manage multiple competing deadlines and operate in a fluid environment.
- Implement operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and customer satisfaction.
- Act within the scope of established objectives and policies to accomplish assigned goals.
- Early morning and evening support is required (based on scheduled events).
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.