Restaurant Assistant Manager
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Rapid City, SD
Restaurant - Food Service, Management, Hospitality - Hotel
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
What level of education is required to perform the job?
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
What kind of experience is required to perform the job?
One to two years previous managerial experience; preferably in the food services industry.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assists the General Manager in restaurant operations and in achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Provide direction for restaurant staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing administration and operations manpower.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive
- Maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/term responsibilities), training, and conducting performance reviews with all dining room personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing employee work histories.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity, food costs, and operating expenses. Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her or Service Leader’s supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of non-exempt personnel directly supervised.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.