8140 Township Line Road
Restaurant - Food Service, Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively, experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant or club with fine dining preferred; will train, ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests, ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy,tact and graciousness. Weekends and Holidays are required as we are attending to our residents on a daily basis.
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of three (3) months previous experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant, or club with fine dining preferred. Marquette will provide training.
The qualified applicant is responsible for providing excellent service in the Community dining rooms and is responsible for assisting the Dining Room Manager with the overall operation, coordination,appearance and maintenance of the dining and kitchen areas and ensuring that courteous and efficient services are delivered to our Residents.
Essential Job Duties:
- Sets tables and maintains work stations in proper order.
- Takes orders, provides service and requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Clears dishes from tables during and after meal service.
- Answers pertinent questions about menu items.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of customer service for our residents and their guests.
- Assists with dish washing and distribution of clean dishes if needed.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions in work areas.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Completes all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.